Short Term and Vacation Rental Insurance

Protect your vacation rental business All-inclusive insurance that replaces your homeowner’s policy. Custom-penned for the unique risks of vacation rental and Airbnb/VRBO rental properties.

Proper Insurance® Policy Highlights: designed to replace your current coverage.
Commercial Package Policy: coverage for building, contents, liability, and income.
Building & Contents:
special cause of loss (all risk), replacement cost (new for old).
Liability: $1,OOO,OOO/$2,OOO,OOO in commercial general liability with increased liability limits available.
Income: actual loss sustained business income coverage with no time limit.

  • Liability equipment, coverage bicycles, enhancements small watercraft, for animals/pets, golf carts, rec liquor, areas, pools, + more. hot tubs, exercise
  • Property coverage enhancement for theft and damage caused by a renter.
  • Vacancy clause removed with no standard occupancy restrictions.
  • Ordinance or law enhanced to building limits.
  • Bed bug extermination with lost business income.
  • Underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, AM Best’s Rated A.

Designed to fully replace the current coverage on your property

“What if a guest was injured while staying at your rental property and claimed you liable?”

“Do you  have full lost booking income coverage?”

“Do you have full coverage if a guest intentionally or accidentally damages your property?” 


What is considered short-term renting?
In the insurance world, a property that is rented for less than 30 days at a time is typically considered short-term. A property in which the renter does not reside/live at the dwelling.

Why does my homeowner's policy not cover my short-term rental?
All homeowner's policies carry a "business activity exclusion". In other words, any claim involving a "business activity" could rightfully be denied.

Is my short-term rental really a business?
Yes. More and more cities like Austin, Santa Barbara, and Chicago are now requiring short-term rental owners to carry and pay for a business license, pay occupancy tax, and carry business liability insurance.

How do I get covered for business activity?
You buy a business insurance policy. Our policy is a business policy. It covers your business property (rental home/contents), business liability, and the business income it generates.

If I insure my short-term rental as a business, can I also stay there?
Yes. There are no standard occupancy restrictions on a business policy. This means the property is insured while you stay there, friends or family, and of course paying guests.

My short-term rental is also my primary residence, can I still purchase the Proper Policy?
Yes. If the short-term rental home is also your primary residence, Proper simply adds $1,000,000 in personal liability and $50,000 in loss of use to relocate in the event the property is being rebuilt. This is very important if you do not carry a homeowner's policy elsewhere.

What if I also live at the short-term rental, can I still purchase the Proper policy?
Yes. You have the same business exposure. We see every scenario imaginable. You live upstairs and short-term rent the downstairs. You live in the main home and rent out the guest house, etc.

If I have the Proper policy do I keep my homeowner's or landlord policy in place?
No. The Proper policy is designed to fully replace the current coverage you have. You would cancel your current policy.

Request a Quote

Thank you!